Saying Goodbye - Was: Nightcap

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sun Jan 4 02:07:02 EST 2009

Blaine Thompson wrote:

> I know Lewis Lazare at the Sun-Times and Phil Rosenthal at the Tribune
> are trying to cover the beat, but nobody did it as well as Robert
> Feder.

Indeed, and the remarkable thing is that he hasn't surfaced anywhere
else. The Tribune probably has no budget available to hire anyone, to be
sure, but I rather expected by now that we'd see his byline in, say,
Chicago Magazine or the Reader (their version of the Phoenix). I wonder
if the buyout he took included some sort of noncompete - or if he's as
burned out on the industry as the rest of us?