Nightcap

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Jan 3 19:54:43 EST 2009

At 07:42 PM 1/3/2009, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>I know by the time King took over only 28 stations cleared overnight
>including WITS-1510.
>
>When exactly did Mutual become distributed by satellite alone?

I know that they put Herb's show up on the bird on 4 November 1975,
and I believe this was their first one.  They had no clue how to sell
it, however, plus they wanted him to become more confrontational, and
he refused.  They cancelled the show on 29 May 1977, briefly replaced
it with Long John Nebel (who was indeed very ill at that time and his
wife ended up doing most of the shows) and by the time Larry King got
the slot in January 1978, the network-- which was having financial
trouble-- was trying to move more towards all-satellite.