Nightcap

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Sat Jan 3 19:42:55 EST 2009

I know by the time King took over only 28 stations cleared overnight
including WITS-1510.

When exactly did Mutual become distributed by satellite alone?

I remember they bought WCFL in Chicago around 1980 to be the flagship
and they called it lifestyle radio and in just a few months they had
done the impossible getting a 0.1 for the entire day.

Even though I seldom listened to him on WBAL
I was impressed by the loyalty of his audience. While much different
than Glick they shared the same audience of shutins, lonely people,
truckers and the like.

I guess what bothers me the most about Steve leaving BZ is the way it
was handled. That audience deserved a chance to say goodbye to him and
for him to do the same. Doesn't anybody at CBS remember that
ultimately this is a one on one business, the host (station) and
listener.