WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Fri Jan 2 23:58:48 EST 2009

> CBS is testing news on FM for a reason (San Francisco) and the clear
> channel stations no longer have the appeal they had even 15 years ago.

I think news is being put on FM in 2 markets (SF & DC), because, their is no
AM that covers the market completely.

> HD hash as made it almost impossible to listen to WBZ on the NY
> Thruway at night...

I don't think CBS executives care if people listen to WBZ on the NY
Thrway...

> The day may come when WBZ simply moves their format to FM and they
> would still dominate the market.

Then that would displace a current format (and revenue) on one of CBS's FM
station...AND leave a very expensive facility with no format.

> I am pretty certain Entercom would love to move WEEI to FM and unload
> 850 as well but their FM options are limited.

And, if this were to take place,  what do you think would happen to the
value of 850AM

a.) The current depressed market...

b.) With no viable format for 850?