WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Fri Jan 2 22:56:04 EST 2009

It is frightening to think about but the day may come when CBS decides
to unload the 1030 blowtorch and somebody like Salem grabs it.

CBS is testing news on FM for a reason (San Francisco) and the clear
channel stations no longer have the appeal they had even 15 years ago.
HD hash as made it almost impossible to listen to WBZ on the NY
Thruway at night and homesick Bostonians no longer need to tune to
1030 for news at night.

The day may come when WBZ simply moves their format to FM and they
would still dominate the market.

I want to be wrong about this but I think the dye is cast.

I am pretty certain Entercom would love to move WEEI to FM and unload
850 as well but their FM options are limited.