WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Fri Jan 2 20:38:59 EST 2009

<<On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 19:56:19 -0500, "Blaine Thompson" <blainethompson@gmail.com> said:

> One of the first radio programming books I read said "Don't let your
> news anchors voice commercials."

> Does WBZ let (or "make") their news anchors voice commercials?

I believe they do.  Gary LaPierre famously had a stipulation in his
contract that he would not do commercials.  But truth be told, I
haven't heard a whole lot of live-read spots on 'BZ lately.  (The big
live-read buyers were always the Vermont Teddy Bear Company, who
usually bought the unit right before sports.  "And now this
message...."  They seem to have cut back lately, although I've heard
some live-reads on other stations for the "pajamagram" people.)

-GAWollman