WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Fri Jan 2 16:00:56 EST 2009

The NY Times and Boston Herald tried that and it failed.

The weird situation is boston.com is not directly owned by the Globe
as the Times has a separate division for digital content.

I notice the Globe dropped the Bob Ryan show on NESN and a few months
back nesn.com began producing the website not boston.com

I was told by a staffer the Globe is losing 25 cents for every paper
they print so a million dollars a week might be conservative.

I can't fathom the Globe folding but in this marketplace it is very
possible. Supposedly the Times wants whoever buys the Red Sox share
they own has to take the paper as well.