WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

A. Joseph Ross Joe@attorneyross.com
Fri Jan 2 15:44:22 EST 2009

On 2 Jan 2009 Sean Smyth wrote:

> Reports state that The Globe is losing $1 million per week. I have a
> hard time fathoming that, I really do, but let's accept that as fact.
>
> A big reason they are losing that cash is because people go to various
> Web sites, including boston.com. Newspapers developed the Internet
> model totally wrong. Instead of developing a site that was ancillary
> to the paper, they decided to give their product away for free. No
> wonder why people are losing money. Advertisers see no value in
> advertising in a product that doesn't require people to buy it.

I notice that the Daily Hampshire Gazette (Northampton) requires a
Web subscription to access news on their Website.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                   617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700            Fax: 617.507.7856