more on WHUE

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Jan 2 13:20:24 EST 2009

At 12:33 PM 1/2/2009, JohnOnTheSeacoast wrote:
>Yes, you are correct, and I think Rod Fritz was the new director.

First, my bad--  I think I wrote July 1983 in my previous e-mail,
which is what happens when I type too fast-- the station changed to
all news in JULY 1984.  Among those WHUE hired were Dick Levitan and
Bob MacNeil.  And yes, they did run what was then called "Cable News
Network" news.  Levitan anchored in the morning, and MacNeil in the afternoon.