WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Jan 2 13:11:53 EST 2009

At 12:33 PM 1/2/2009, JohnOnTheSeacoast wrote:
>Yes, you are correct, and I think Rod Fritz was the new director.  I am
>trying to recall who owned the signal then?

Well, here's the WHUE story.  It went all news in July 1983, which
meant it was competing with the much more stablished WEEI (back then,
still a news station). WHUE was owned at that time by "T
Communications," which was really Alex Tanger.  WHUE-AM (there was
also a separate FM) was sold to Greater Media in early November 1984.