WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Fri Jan 2 02:31:27 EST 2009

> From: "A. Joseph Ross" <joe@attorneyross.com>
> Friday, January 2, 2009 1:16 AM
>
> On 1 Jan 2009 at 10:00, Sean Smyth wrote:
>
>> Even if World Service is available to commercial
>> stations -- I can't see why it wouldn't be -- there
>> are few opportunities to insert local product,
>> including ads.
>
> Wasn't it on WADN in Concord at one time?

Yes, when it was "Walden 1120", playing folk music in
the daytime. Their night signal/pattern was deemed
unworthy of spending money for local programming, and
they were lucky if they could get enough sponsorship
to fill the two short hourly breaks available in BBC.
I don't recall hearing any local spots back when they
were running it. That station, unfortunately, had a
tough time getting adequate sponsorship all around.

EP