WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Thu Jan 1 12:41:45 EST 2009

> I enjoyed Steve's overnight show.  However, I am loyal to product, not
> the company.  Guess I'll be listening (and nostalging) to North Shore
> 104.9 on the way home, now.
Thoughts...

> Questions:
> Will Dan Rae do a crossover with BirdFeed at 11:58?

Since we dont know what will be happenning overnights a WBZ, who can
say....is it even logistical?

> Will producers be let go, too?

I would assume "producers" turn into board-ops.....

> Will they cancel news overnights?

Right now they carry CBS Network news overnight....followers by 2-3 minutes
of local that was recorded by the eveing newscaster.

> How about a sports show every evening from 7:00p to midnight.  Bruins
> included.

Ick!  I think this goes against the grain of their "When we're not bringing
you the news, we're talking about it" format.

All day long they are news....and in the evening they analyze the news.

I think Dan Rae is there to stay.  They need someone with a little marquee
appeal to make the evening show interesting.

I would guess some kind of syndicated product is going to end up on
overnights....Although I don't know any programs that are worthy of the
blowtorch signal of WBZ.  I was very surprised when WJR ran the truckers
show overnight.

Is there some kind of syndicated "all news" format that they could put on
overnights? (Didn't the AP used to offer something like that?)