WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Thu Jan 1 07:20:57 EST 2009

Speculating on what 'BZ would do to fill the overnights, I figured
that leased time would be CBS's best hope for "monetizing" the open
slot. Now that Brother Stair has left WWZN and Roy Masters, who is
always looking for big AM signals with good overnight reach, is on
WBIX during the daytime, I wondered whether the two of them might not
divide the five hours a night on WBZ (say, Masters from midnight until
2:00AM and Stair from 2:00AM to 5:00AM). And then it hit me--I had
proposed a combo with a name so catchy that nobody would be likely to
forget it: The Stair Master Program.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Nelson" <raccoonradio@mail.com>
<boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 2:15 AM
Subject: WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

SaveWRKO's blog broke it as a rumor and the Herald confirms it: WBZ is
cutting Steve Leveille, Lovell
Dyett, Tom Cuddy, and supposedly Pat Desmarais as well.

http://www.bostonherald.com/business/media/view.bg?&articleid=1142392&format=&page=2&listingType=media#articleFull

No idea what will replace them; shocker (budget cuts? The ax also fell
on Colin McEnroe at sister WTIC)

What the heck is WBZ going to run all night, informercials? So much
for Mel Simon's audio clip trivia
and "I love you, I love you madly".