Chad Finn of The Boston Globe's take on local sports-radio competition

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psualum.com
Sat Feb 28 08:12:59 EST 2009

On Sat, 2/28/09, Dan.Strassberg <dan.strassberg@att.net> wrote:
> A campaign for intelligent sports talk on a
> better signal
> should focus on FM. Right now, there is intelligent sports
> talk on FM
> for only one hour a week (two hours if you count repeats):
> Only a Game
> on WBUR. Bill Littlefield really does a thoughful and
> entertaining
> show! You don't even have to be a sports fan to enjoy
> it.

Public radio-style sports wouldn't cut it, IMO, since sports segments on PRI and NPR shows and such are what you said -- tailored to the non-sports fan.

Even WFAN is more highbrow than WEEI, and that's with Mike Francesa mumbling for five-plus hours a day.

(And I don't know Chad at all, just like his ideas since I've thought the same thing for a long time -- except that I like some of Glen Ordway's work, and it's apparent he likes none of it.)