Clyde Joy Country Music - Channels 9 and 8??

linc45r-n@lincster.com linc45r-n@lincster.com
Tue Feb 24 20:58:35 EST 2009

Thanks so much for posting this.  I worked for WMUR in 1964 for about 6
months before going to the "big time" in Boston, I got to work with Clyde
who was doing a morning show at the time.

I remember "Clyde & Wiillie Mae and (all) the Country Folks" which we
watched, even though we wearn't country music fans, because my mom's cousin,
Bobby French, often apeared with Clyde. He played, among other instruements,
the mandolin. I have no idea if he is still among the living.

I remember Good Night Mobile Homes as a sponsor, was the owner really
Freddie Goodnight?

I remember when their house burned and Clyde said the only thing he saved
was his hat.

And sadly I remember their son was killed in Vietnam, after which Willie Mae
no longer appeared on the show.

In addition to "Out Behind the Barn" I also remember Willie Mae singing her
favorite song, "Keep on the Sunny Side." When I saw "Oh BotherWhere Art
Thou" I thought of Willie Mae, and once again I felt sad for there loss.

My big dissapointement was Googling Clyde Joy and only having one hit, an
exceprt from someone's email.

Clyde, Jerry Carney (sp?), Chris Nahatis (sp?) (Saladmaster) and others from
the erly channel 9 days deserve some recognition... now who was the lady
that did the children's show with the nautiacl theme? When I worked there in
1964 nobody could remember.  I also remember the night I was changing
channels at a friend's house and came upon the WMUR test pattern befoe they
started regular broadcasting.

Linc