More on the FD

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Fri Feb 27 12:02:16 EST 2009

Alas, I am not Rush. Were I, I would be a multi-millionaire. The closest I'll get is
saying I live down the street from Kerry Murphy Healey :)

(For the record I don't share RL's view on everything but I am conservative compared to
others; more of a "Dennis Miller" conservative)

Want to see some of the other sites? Free Republic is one.

But no, I'm glad liberal talk will have to compete in the free market. But hark, did you
see the 12 plus (yup, 12 plus, not 25-54s) ratings for Washington D.C.'s "Obama 1260"?
These were for the station --WWRC--before they switched to business talk; they came in
38th place (hence the format change). But at least the free market will decide.
(And no, I won't repeat Howie's line about 'we already have a liberal talk network--
it's called NPR'--oops, just did!) :)

If liberal talk were to be as successful as Rush ("In five years we'll be on 600
stations"--then-Air America's Jon Sinton, 2004, quoted by Mark Jurkowitz in the Globe),
great! I'd be all for it. It just needs to compete in a free market.