Michael Savage vs The Fairness Doctrine

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Thu Feb 26 23:20:38 EST 2009

Percentages mean NOTHING by themsleves......

If my show goes from 1000 to 2000 listeners, I can claim a 100% increase...

If your show goes from 15,000 to 18,000 listeners you have a 20%
increase....

I have the fastest growing show in the market!

(The Boston Herald a # of years ago used this type of comparison to the
Globe to claim it was the fastest growing newspaper in Boston,,,True, but
quite misleading....)

-Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH

(A proud but VERY concerned Conservative)

----- Original Message -----
From: <dlh@donnahalper.com>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:33 PM
Subject: RE: Michael Savage vs The Fairness Doctrine

Regarding the false claim that Rachel Maddow's numbers are "tanking," the
Los Angeles Times from yesterday tells a different story:  Keith Olbermann's
numbers are up 32% over a year ago this time, and Rachel's are up over 122%.
Further, Rachel continues to score close to or slightly ahead of Larry King
on a regular basis, so I don't know where this idea that her show was doing
badly came from.