More on the FD

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 17:41:40 EST 2009

I gotta say this... Some of my best buddies here on this list would
support a return of the Fairness Doctrine; one of the key reasons I
could not support it is the spooky, murky atmosphere it creates. (I know
that may make zero sense but...)  We are in a time where so much is
dramatically changing economically and politically; it is in this spirit
that I am actually afraid of such a misnamed governmental edict.  It's
the slippery slope we all seem to oblivious to.  And this is my view in
spite of the fact that my gut tells me it couldn't even be enforced very
well.  We are finally in a place were a sea change of power is showing
massive impact, for better or worse. Enforcement would be significant
for the fact that a subjective judgment would need to be made regarding
point of view. Point of view.

Bill O'Neill