Free Atlantic Magazine Article About Future of TV

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Sun Feb 15 15:44:35 EST 2009

Very often if you want to read an article in The Atlantic magazine online
you have to be a subscriber, but the new March issue has a thought-provoking
article about the impact of Jey Leno's prime-time talk show on network TV, and
you can read it 'gratis' online.  As I watched WMFP-DT go to full-power
before such "major" stations as WFXT and WLVI, I realized that any station
is capable of being a major player, even if right now all they do is air
"infomercials".  The Atlantic article doesn't mention local stations and the
way that digital television levels the playing field (the way FM did for radio)
so that the broadcast networks may soon recede as purveyors of content,
but it's still worth reading:

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200903/television

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!