HD or nothing sometimes

Keith Fornal keith.fornal@cox.net
Fri Feb 13 22:29:53 EST 2009

You might want to try WWLI and WPRO-FM again if you haven't tried them
recently.  They only recently put their HD back on after a 6+ month absence.

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Nickolas Noseworthy
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 8:03 PM
To: Boston Radio Mailing List
Subject: HD or nothing sometimes

---(I completely understood what you said, but you were somewhat implying
aClass B FM could have an HD signal for 70 miles and that was normal. Paul
Walker)---

Seems to me like sometimes that sentence could be right. Being in Merrimack
NH, there is a LP FM in Londonderry NH called WLLO, Londonderry Schools own
station. Because of them, I could not pick up WBLM in Portland. Now, with my
HD Radio, I turn the antenna towards Portland, and after about 4 seconds,
the reciever picks up the HD signal and completely takes over WLLO! With
their transmitter somewhere north of Portland, thats at least 80 miles by
air! Same with WWBB in Providence, usually recieves interference from WWHQ
in Meredith, but the HD signal always comes in great whether the analog
signal does or not.
But, WWLI's HD siganl does not come in very well at any time. And WPRO-fm's
HD signal is rarely ever there. Providence is quite a distance though, lucky
to be picking them up at all i guess.