HD or nothing sometimes

Nickolas Noseworthy ncn86@hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 20:03:27 EST 2009

---(I completely understood what you said, but you were somewhat implying aClass B FM could have an HD signal for 70 miles and that was normal. Paul Walker)---

Seems to me like sometimes that sentence could be right. Being in Merrimack NH, there is a LP FM in Londonderry NH called WLLO, Londonderry Schools own station. Because of them, I could not pick up WBLM in Portland. Now, with my HD Radio, I turn the antenna towards Portland, and after about 4 seconds, the reciever picks up the HD signal and completely takes over WLLO! With their transmitter somewhere north of Portland, thats at least 80 miles by air! Same with WWBB in Providence, usually recieves interference from WWHQ in Meredith, but the HD signal always comes in great whether the analog signal does or not.
But, WWLI's HD siganl does not come in very well at any time. And WPRO-fm's HD signal is rarely ever there. Providence is quite a distance though, lucky to be picking them up at all i guess.