Delay on WODS-HD3

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Fri Feb 13 19:41:52 EST 2009

>>Can the delay be partly explained by the receiver itself?<<

Probably in part.  Any part of the signal path which is digital will introduce delay, beginning at the station with digital audio sources, consoles and processing, proceeding through a digital path to the transmitter (these days T1 lines are common non-radio STLs) and being transmitted through a digital exciter.  The signal path through a digital receiver also introduces delay.  I don't know how many of those items I listed are in WBZ's signal path, but with their effects being cumulative a 30-second delay is probably not unreasonable.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040