WHDH fires weekend anchor

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Thu Feb 12 10:50:07 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/12/2009 9:50:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
boston-radio-interest-request@tsornin.BostonRadio.org writes:

>Meanwhile I was talking to an IBEW 1228 official today about  something
>else and he told me they have heard rumblings that Ansin has  something
>nasty up his sleeve.

>Ansin thinks he can produce a  Boston newscast in MIAMI. I personally
>don't think he could but at this  point nothing would surprise me.

I used to belong to 1228 when I worked in Boston and am not really familiar
with their current contract. Maybe what Ansin has in mind is  actually
switching the news from Miami with the talent actually in the  studio in Boston.
Would that violate the current 1228 contract? That would make  more sense.

They sort of do that today with hubbing and multiple Master Control
operations in all parts of the country.

Mike

now. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000001)