What stations still might change Feb 17 anyways.

Robert S Chase attychase@comcast.net
Mon Feb 9 12:31:57 EST 2009

Can somebody explain to me why the current channel 10 in Providence would
want to give up their analog spot to somebody else? Why wouldn't they simply
use it for themselves and their DTV?

I know there was something about getting an extra channel for the transition
but what the heck did they need it for? Why not just add the DTV subcarriers
and throw the switch?

Is there someplace (web site URL)  I can be referred to that has the
technical details and the (a logical?) rational behind all this channel
jumping etc?