Randy Price Resigns From Channel 7

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Sun Feb 8 10:43:28 EST 2009

Randy wanted no part of what is about to happen at 7 News. It seems
obvious now it will be WSVN North.

Will it work in Boston? Certainly the format has worked for decades in
Philadelphia at WPVI.

In the past year WBZ has shown new life. Jack Williams has shown new
life as the senior anchor in town and losing Lobel and Joyce has not
hurt them.

WCVB really has not missed Natalie as much as I would have thought.
They still have the strongest army on the street.

WFXT has done a remarkable job starting from scratch 12 years ago. I
never thought they would become the powerhouse they are today.

WHDH has become the TV version of METRO. I am not thrilled by the
shift to 'if it bleeds it leads' but it has been confirmed to me.