Randy Price Resigns From Channel 7

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 22:18:15 EST 2009

I have7 News at 10 on CW56 on (I usually watch Fox25 but NASCAR is on) and they just had a story on "Randy Price is retiring from 7 News". I was suprised that they would address it at all, but I guess there were just too many questions being asked.

________________________________
From: Kevin Vahey <kvahey@comcast.net>
To: Mark Laurence <marklaurence@mac.com>
Cc: Maureen Carney <m_carney@yahoo.com>; ", Boston Radio Interest" <boston-radio-interest@lists.bostonradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 7, 2009 9:17:13 PM
Subject: Re: Randy Price Resigns From Channel 7

May well be a coincidence but 7 started to falter when they absorbed WLVI.

WHDH is also weaker in both weather and sports and FOX25 now attracts
the younger audience.

The 11 might well be retooled by the time Leno moves to 10 and as a
leadin for Conan in a few months.

Honestly WSVN really stole the format from WPVI in Phily (Action News)
and the irony is WNAC had that format first complete with the theme
music. It did so well WPVI hired the news director.