top radio personalities in Boston?

Alan Tolz atolz@comcast.net
Mon Dec 28 08:23:23 EST 2009

To answer Donna's question...

1. Charles Laquidara - He revolutionized morning radio in Boston, was the
personality around whom his station's franchise was built and he still
influences a generation of Boston broadcasters, like Matty Seigel, Carter
Alan, etc...

2. Jerry Williams - Bigger than Boston, but did his most immportant work
here.  By virture of timing and talent he filled the role of pioneer (WMEX)
, standard-bearer (WBZ), and elder statesman, where at WRKO, that station's
franchise was built aroud him.  Like Charles, he was important beyond
enterrtainment value.

3. Jess Cain - Important as most beloved talent on Boston's airwaves for a
long period of time.  His stations fortunes were also tied to him.

4. Arnie Ginsburg - Because of the time in which he performed and the
lasting effect his popularity had (has) on Boston's  baby boom generation.

5. Gary LaPierre - Arguablly Boston's greatest radio news voice.  He became
a personality by virtue of the huge WBZ signal and longevity there.

6. Glen Ordway - Of all the sports guys - PBP excluded - he fulfills the
criteria of being the "franchise player" in a format that only recently has
become one of the most important formats for radio's future survival.

Alan