top radio personalities in Boston?

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sun Dec 27 17:11:51 EST 2009

At 04:44 PM 12/27/2009, Dan.Strassberg wrote:
>You can't leave out Jess Cain and Larry Glick. Either of them certainly
>outranks Dick Summer or Bruce Bradley. And what about Bob and Ray, who got
>their start here,

Wow-- you guys are really jogging my memory.  Bob and Ray went
national, but yes they were beloved in Boston.  They were on the same
station as Hum and Strum, as I recall (not a joke-- there really was
a vocal duo named Hum & Strum-- Max Zides and Tom Courier, I believe;
they were very popular in the late 40s/ early 50s).  I agree on Larry
Glick, may he rest in peace.  And Jess Cain-- we really did have some
amazing personalities on the air here...