WUMB simulcasting on WAVM Maynard started

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Thu Dec 24 13:45:33 EST 2009

I'm guessing this is the case because WUMB is
now including WAVM, Maynard in their TOH ID.

I'm not getting WAVM here in Somerville. I
(faintly) get WMWM from Salem State College on
91.7. I don't know whether WAVM's proposed new
500 watt signal is actually on the air now, or
if they've begun the simulcast on their old ten
watt signal. I'll be driving around in the west
suburbs during the next few days, I'll see if I
can get it there, and how well.

The stipulation of the WAVM/WUMB deal was that
WUMB is simulcast on WAVM whenever Maynard High
School students aren't doing radio. The current
schedule for High School programming on WAVM is
2:00 PM - 9:00 PM, school days only. That gives
WUMB morning drive and mid-day weekdays during
the school year, all weeknight late evenings
and overnights, and full-time on all weekends,
holidays, school vacations and breaks, and the
entire summer.