Globe articles on WCRB, WGBH

George Allen gallen2@nescaum.org
Fri Dec 18 12:16:08 EST 2009

Robert Conrad - wasn't [isn't?] he the voice of the Cleveland
Orchestra radio broadcasts in the 70's?  As for his show, it sounds a
bit like what the late Richard L. Kaye did on WCRB after the BSO on
Saturday nights for many years.  Don't recall the name of the show
["Saturday Night?"].  It was of course taped during the week - RLK
certainly wasn't at the studios until 1am Sunday mornings!
    George

From: raccoonradio@mail.com
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:51:44 -0500
Subject: Globe articles on WCRB, WGBH
Also: as far as I know neither WGBH nor WBUR (nor WCRB) runs a
syndicated show called
Weekend Radio. Originated at WCLV in Cleveland with host Robert
Conrad (no, not the actor),
the show mixes comedy bits by the likes of The Goons (Peter Sellers,
etc.), Flanders and
Swann, Bob Newhart, and Jean Shepherd with light classical pieces.
Enjoyable; but as far as I know it has not aired in Boston. Wonder if
WCRB might consider it...?