The plot thickens with sports media

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Thu Aug 27 23:28:27 EDT 2009

Things are getting a little more interesting in the sports media side
of things in Boston as ESPN will launch ESPNBoston.com in 2 weeks.

http://tinyurl.com/nbcr5t

The Globe has confirmed that their Pats beat writer Mike Reiss will
leave to join the new website and when I sent him an email to congrat
him on the new gig he told me it will be more than a website it will
connected with a new radio outlet.

Now the domain espnboston.com currently resolves to WAMG but Reiss
told me they have lined up another station that will have a much
stronger signal.

But who????

I doubt it is 1260 which the mouse owns...

590? Anything is possible with Salem

1200?  I doubt CC would but...

1510 it is better than 890

Then you also have the possibility of Entercom running ESPN on 680.

This will be interesting to watch