Sen Ted Kennedy is dead

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Thu Aug 27 00:21:26 EDT 2009

On Aug 26, 2009, at 8:54 PM, Mark Watson wrote:

> Given the time that Senator Kennedy's passing was announced (just
> after 1AM EDT), does anyone know how WBZ radio handled this breaking
> news? Steve Levelle was live in studio, but did they call in any of
> the news anchors or reporters or did Levelle go it alone along with
> CBS News bulletins/updates?

I tuned in about 10 minutes after I got the news (via an e-mail alert
from the New York Times).  It sounded like a well-produced pre-
recorded obituary that ran until close to 2 AM.  At about 2, I heard
Steve Leveille on with Dan Rea, who said he had been heading home but
turned around when he heard the news.

WBUR was also running what sounded like a pre-recorded obituary.