Red Sox return to WEEI

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Tue Aug 25 16:45:03 EDT 2009

By day--except in the Needham-Newton-Wellesley area and at night in
those places plus most of MetroWest--there are few, if any places,
where WRKO doesn't have the better signal. But this doesn't mean that
WEEI's signal is bad--only that WRKO's signal is better than WEEI's in
more places than where the opposite is true.

WRKO has the better transmitter site and the better frequency.
Electrically, WEEI has the taller towers, but not enough taller to tip
the overall advantage in its favor. Too bad there were compelling
reasons for not moving WEEI to Burlington. If the two stations were
diplexed from the Burlington site, WRKO would still have the advantage
over WEEI, but the advantage would be smaller.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Nelson" <raccoonradio@mail.com>
<boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 3:57 PM
Subject: Red Sox return to WEEI

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/213426/red-sox-radio-broadcasts-return-weei

So much for the WRKO, er WEEI, er, whatever Red Sox radio network;
apparently they are heading back
to WEEI (as far as I know WRKO won't carry them at all; maybe during
Celtics conflicts?) Perhaps
a reaction to presence of Sports Hub.

Bad news for me; I work nights and WEEI's signal stinks. Wait till we
hear from all the Sox fans who
can't pick up WEEI all that well and won't hear the games now. (If I
were Entercom I'd simulcast on
93.7 or 97.7 too)