WDCR-AM 1340

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Wed Aug 19 23:41:48 EDT 2009

<<On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:27:27 -0400, "Dan.Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> said:

> These days "wouldn't be any problem" usually turns out to be an overly
> optimistic assessment, even with little ND Class C AMs. They must now
> serve at least 80% of the CoL population at night, and with the high
> NIF's on graveyard channels, that often turns out to be either
> difficult or impossible to accomplish. For example, doing it from a
> cell tower that is not also used by another Class C AM licensed to the
> same community can be quite problematic in communities in which the
> population is not tightly concentrated in a small geographic area.

But if Vinikoor's 1490 can do it from a cell tower in Lebanon, then a
1340 could presumably work there too (assuming there are no issues
with adjacent channels).  (It turns out, by the way, that I was wrong:
Lebanon is a city, so West Lebanon doesn't exist as an independent
place to be served.  The 1490 is licensed to Lebanon and was granted
as a new station in 2004 from the last AM window in 2000.)

-GAWollman