Question about a Dark UHF channel in Boston...

John jscavo@maine.rr.com
Tue Aug 11 14:36:30 EDT 2009

Wow, I remember them, we used to watch them in East Boston with our roof
antenna.  The signal was not great, but very watchable.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Hale [mailto:n1wbd@peoplepc.com]
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 12:50 PM
To: Boston Radio TV list
Subject: Question about a Dark UHF channel in Boston...

Does anyone remember WAV-TV ch 33 (I believe)? They ran a "video jukebox"
service where you called a 900 number and you could play 3 or 4 music videos
for a buck or so? Alot of the time all you saw was a playlist to choose from
and the occasional commercial and not a whole lot of videos being played.

I was wondering whatever happened to them? Did they try to change
programming before going dark? Were they a LP station etc?
I could'nt find any info on them on the web or on the UHF Morgue.
Thanks
Bob N1WBD
Grafton NH