The Boston Post and Boston radio

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Tue Aug 11 15:00:01 EDT 2009

At 01:39 PM 8/11/2009, Ted Larsen wrote:
>Here is are fascinating bits of info on Boston's first TV station,
>W1XAY and it mentions Donna.
>Perhaps she wrote it. Does anyone know if the Boston Post mention is
>correct?  "With 48 lines of res. and 18 fps," it must have been
>viewed with homemade sets with tiny screens.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W1XAY

Ah yes, wikipedia basically stealing my stuff and not even saying
thank you.  Here's the article I wrote about W1XAY and it's quite
thorough.  (And yes, 1928 TV was very experimental and the picture
quality would indeed have been awful.  That is why many critics saw
no future in it at that time-- GE was also experimenting with TV and
their first broadcast was so bad the critics complained it was
unwatchable...http://www.tvhistory.tv/W1XAY.htm