The Boston Post and Boston radio

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Tue Aug 11 09:11:51 EDT 2009

As you said, Donna will have the definitive word. However, I tried
googling "Boston Post" radio station and got many hits, most of which
were of no use. One, however (probably written by Donna), discussed
some sort of connection between the Post and WLEX, a distant forbear
of today's WWZN. It does not appear that the Post had any financial
stake in WLEX. but some Post writers may have worked there. They also
wrote columns about the station and programs heard on it.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Drown" <revdoug1@myfairpoint.net>
To: "Boston Radio Interest Board"
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:09 AM
Subject: The Boston Post and Boston radio

This morning's Augusta (Maine) Kennebec Journal and Waterville Morning
Sentinel contain an interesting column
(http://kennebecjournal.mainetoday.com/view/columns/6713811.html) on
the story of the late John Fox, onetime owner of The Boston Post.  Fox
was a longtime resident, first part-time and later full-time, of the
little town of Phillips, Maine.

Farmington attorney Paul Mills, who wrote the column, says that Fox,
in addition to owning the Post, also owned a Boston radio station.  He
doesn't identity it.  I hadn't known that the Post was ever co-owned
with a broadcasting outlet.   Donna . . . what can you tell us?

-Doug