Question about a Dark UHF channel in Boston...

Bob Hale n1wbd@peoplepc.com
Mon Aug 10 23:35:59 EDT 2009

Thanks for the info Peter. I always wondered about them.
Maybe you or someone on the list could tell me what killed the over the air
subscription tv services Starcase (WQTV 68) and Preview (WSMW 27)  I believe
that piracy was a real problem for them at the time but never could find the
"rest of the story"

Here's a trip down memory lane how many remember being able to subscribe to
HBO via terrestial microwave  in the Metro Boston area. I could never order
the service when I lived in SE NH. Did they outlast 68 or 27 as a
subscription service??

One final note of interest I remember back when WSTG ch 64 in RI was
supposedly going to go on the air as a over the air subscription service but
never did go thru with it. Instead they ended up airing Wally Gator cartoons
for about 2 to 3 hrs a nite then sign off  I remember them claiming for the
longest time they were doing transmitter testing.
Please correct if my memory is failing. :-)

Bob N1WBD
Grafton,NH