WBZ-FM HD2

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Sun Aug 9 16:30:13 EDT 2009

<<On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 16:16:45 -0400, Dave Tomm <nostaticatall@charter.net> said:

> Meanwhile, WBMX will be on 104.1 HD1, and their all 80's channel,
> currently on 98.5 HD2, will also make the move to 104.1.  I forget
> what will be on 104.1 HD3.

I've been assuming that they'll move "the psychic network" over from
98.5.  Unfortunately, the bandwidth allocated to HD3s usually isn't
good enough for music, so "Freeform 104" is likely to be toast.

My ability to get 104.1's HD here in Framingham is inconsistent.  Some
days it's bang! right there, but other times my tuner (Sony XDR-F1HD)
starts to decode the HD1 audio, then drops out almost immediately, and
never gets lock again -- and this with the antenna in an east-facing
second-floor window.

-GAWollman