WEEI format change

Dave Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Sat Aug 8 02:23:25 EDT 2009

Dumb!!!!  The Sox don't need to be on 1030.  The big stick isn't
necessary.  They already are on an extensive network of stations
around New England and beyond.  Even if Entercom stopped running the
Sox in Providence, Springfield and Worcester, the team could easily
find alternate affiliates.  I'm sure WCRN would continue on in
Worcester, for example.  The Sox games would most likely continue on
several WEEI network stations not owned by Entercom.  Wouldn't that be
a kick in the teeth over at the sneaker building.

They don't need the big signal the way the Bruins do.  BTW, the B's
will have to assemble a network quickly, as 98.5 only gets out so
far.  Out of region fans used to getting the games on 1030's skywave
are going to be SOL.

If the Sox were to go to CBS, put the games on 98.5.  That would stick
a dagger right through the heart of WEEI.  The Sports Hub would also
have three of the four major sports play-by-play contracts.  Use 1030
for conflicts, or put the overflow on WODS or WZLX if needed.   Just
as the Sox prop up WRKO, it would be the extra ratings push 98.5 may
need to surpass WEEI.

-Dave Tomm