WEEI format change

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Fri Aug 7 09:34:22 EDT 2009

I've also heard rumors about Joe Castiglione retiring sometime in the next few years - would leaving Entercom hurry this up? I'm not sure if the announcers are employed by Entercom or by the Sox. Should the Sox take the radio broadcasts in-house would they go back to someone like Glen Geffner, or would they look for local talent?

As for Neumie he's guest hosted at times in the past few years (depending on his schedule) so that's nothing new. Felger's leaving has caught them short during the vacation season.

I do find it amazing that the Sox have never been on WBZ-AM. I have heard the story that part of the reason was Tom Yawkey didn't like the music on BZ.