WBZ Update

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 16:47:27 EDT 2009

And yet they still haven't officially named the lineup (other than mornings) for 98.5. Lots of rumors (and God knows I hear them here @ CSN) but nothing official. I've also heard that NESN isn't interested in simulcasting the Big Show. Either WEEI is asking for too much money or it will cost too much to set up the equipment.

I really, really, really don't like the new traffic intro on BZ. That type of intro belongs on FM. The nature of AM transmissions limits the effect of fancy sounds, and it seems a lot of stations and production houses seem to forget that. Things that would stand out on FM just blur on AM.