The Real Bob Oakes.

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Aug 1 17:14:08 EDT 2009

At 04:20 PM 8/1/2009, Dan.Strassberg wrote:
>For decades, I've been under the impression that the WBZ Bob Oakes and
>the WBUR Bob Oakes are the same person. You are telling me that this
>isn't so. But I could swear that I heard someone on 'BZ years and
>years ago who went by the name Bob Oakes and who sounded just like the
>WBUR Bob Oakes. Besides sharing the name, do the two of you also sound
>alike?

Actually, the Bob Oakes on WBUR had been on WEEI back when it was a
news station.  According to the Fitchburg Sentinel, the Bob Oakes on
WBUR is a graduate of Mt. Wachusett Community College (1974) and he
came to WBUR when WEEI changed format.  There is no mention on the
WBUR bio nor on the Sentinel story that he ever worked at WBZ, but he
may have...radio people do get around!