WBZ (AM) simulcast on WODS (FM) HD-3

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Thu Apr 30 06:50:22 EDT 2009

Does WBZ (AM)'s simulcast on WODS (FM) HD-3 continue during the
overnight hours? If so, is it simply my lack of attentiveness that is
to blame for my failure to hear the ("legal"?) ID of the FM HD-3
stream, or does WBZ not ID the FM HD-3 stream during the overnights?
During the day, for reasons I don't understand, WBZ ID's the FM HD-3
stream separately from the the ID for the AM analog and AM HD streams,
which occur right AT the TOH. The FM HD-3 ID airs between one and two
minues earlier--between :58 and :59. WBZ appears to follow this
protocol every day from 5:58AM to midnight, but if they also follow it
from 12:58AM to 4:58AM, I have not noticed the FM HD-3 IDs during
Steve LeVeille's program (err, Broadcast). If I've been asleep at the
switch (so to speak), so be it. But if there is another reason, can
somebody explain it? Thanks.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367