ANdrew 8-8000

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Wed Apr 8 16:37:55 EDT 2009

Garrett Wollman wrote:

> I've never quite figured out why WBZ's call-in number is in the old
> ALGonquin exchange yet the main number is in the old STadium 7
> exchange.  I don't think they were historically in the same place,
> although they are both in the Brighton-Wirt St. CO now.

It might help to know that the main number, back in the days of
ALgonquin 4-5678, was AL 4-5670, and that that number dates all the way
back to the move to Soldiers Field Road in 1948. (The number at the
Hotel Bradford was HANcock 4261, for whatever that's worth.)

The 787-7xxx centrex office numbers didn't come in until the late
seventies or maybe the early eighties. I'm pretty sure the 787 exchange
postdates the STadium 3- numbers in the area by many years.