WHDH Snubs Leno

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sat Apr 4 19:34:49 EDT 2009

   The Lawrence Eagle Tribune reports in it's article about Channel 7's
decision to not air the Jay Leno prime time show that WCAP contacted NBC
offering to carry the audio of Leno's show. Quoted in the article is WCAP's
Dean Johnson, former Herald TV & radio reporter.

Link to the E-T article:
http://www.eagletribune.com/punews/local_story_094020509.html

  The WCAP offer to NBC reminded me of another example where radio aired
audio of a TV talk show: didn't WMRE 1510 carry the audio of the short lived
Joan Rivers talk show that Fox aired circa 1987 because it wasn't cleared in
Boston? IIRC it was because Pat Robertson still owned Channel 25 (then WXNE)
and had just sold it to Fox, but Pat refused to air the show while he was
still in charge, I can't recall why he wouldn't. I'm sure someone can
calrify or correct the details.

Mark Watson