Somewhat OT: Times Co. threatens to shutter Boston Globe.

Roger Kirk rogerkirk@ttlc.net
Sat Apr 4 11:28:47 EDT 2009

Doug Drown wrote:
> I think you're probably right, Dave, but there's one caveat that needs
> to be considered.  The majority of newspaper readers are of boomer age
> or older --- and I know many "elders", including some my age (57), who
> don't own a computer and don't want one.  Online newspapers will
> doubtless attract some people who haven't been regular readers of
> printed papers, but in the process of this conversion the newspaper
> industry may lose a lot of readers as well --- possibly its core
> group.  I wonder.
Perhaps a product similar to Kindle (but lower price point) could be a
portable newspaper reader.

Easier to understand & use than a computer.  Though age tends to eclipse
the desire to learn something new.