WHDH snubs Leno

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Fri Apr 3 20:52:56 EDT 2009

WZMY doesn't have any local news. Even the personalities they used to host their infomercials have gone. They still have their MyTV Marketplace block (My Elegant Wedding, My Outdoors) - not sure how well it's doing. When Shooting Star first flipped to the My TV branding (before the network) they ran movies in the morning. Now they run something called "Shopping Plus" which I'm guessing is home shopping. Everything they've did to make it distinctive has gone by the wayside (except good ol' Al).

http://www.mytvstation.tv/program_schedule.html

________________________________
From: Mark Watson <markwats@comcast.net>
To: Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com>; A. Joseph Ross <joe@attorneyross.com>; Boston Radio <boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org>
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2009 7:59:36 PM
Subject: Re: WHDH snubs Leno

Scott Fybush wrote:

> It's interesting that NOBODY has floated the idea of WZMY signing on with NBC. I guess they're that insignificant a presence these days...AL Kaprielian notwithstanding.

I haven't really watched WZMY since they became WZMY. I wonder if WZMY would approach NBC or NBC would approach 'ZMY.

When they first switched to "My TV" there had a pretty decent promotional campaign (newspaper ads and bus ads in Lowell), they also were doing "on the street" interviews in the Southern NH/Merrimack valley area. One day a "My TV" crew in downtown Lowell stopped me to ask my opinion on some current event. I didn't even watch to see if my tape made it to the air.

As far as Al goes, I can hear his weather on WCAP, as he has been providing their weather forecasts for the past few months.

Mark Watson