WHDH snubs Leno

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Fri Apr 3 19:59:36 EDT 2009

Scott Fybush wrote:

> It's interesting that NOBODY has floated the idea of WZMY signing on with
> NBC. I guess they're that insignificant a presence these days...AL
> Kaprielian notwithstanding.

  I haven't really watched WZMY since they became WZMY. I wonder if WZMY
would approach NBC or NBC would approach 'ZMY.

  When they first switched to "My TV" there had a pretty decent promotional
campaign (newspaper ads and bus ads in Lowell), they also were doing "on the
street" interviews in the Southern NH/Merrimack valley area. One day a "My
TV" crew in downtown Lowell stopped me to ask my opinion on some current
event. I didn't even watch to see if my tape made it to the air.

  As far as Al goes, I can hear his weather on WCAP, as he has been
providing their weather forecasts for the past few months.

Mark Watson