WHDH blows off Leno - Why not both News and Leno using sub-channels

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Fri Apr 3 19:21:28 EDT 2009

Ansin has said they are simulcasting the 10PM news on both station. Whether that's posturing to see how far NBC will go is anyone's guess. If this was any other owner I would say a settlement would be negotiated soon. Not so much with Ansin, given the hard feelings he has towards NBC when they took affiliation away from WSVN. There may be an agreement before September but not without drama.

________________________________
From: A. Joseph Ross <joe@attorneyross.com>
To: John Bolduc <n1qgs@yahoo.com>
Cc: boston Radio Group <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2009 6:42:41 PM
Subject: Re: WHDH blows off Leno - Why not both News and Leno using sub-channels

On 3 Apr 2009 at 6:15, John Bolduc wrote:

>  Why couldn't Channel 7 Boston have both news and Leno at 10:00pm?
> Leno on 7.1 and News on 7.3, or the other way around.

Doesn't Ansin also own channel 56?  Don't they have 7 news on 56 at
10?  What happens to that?  Do they really want two news programs
competing with each other?  How about Leno on 56?

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                          617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700                  Fax 617.507.7856